Wednesday, March 7, 2012

IEP

Finally, after several sesions of evaluation, EI is going to tell us their plan for his treatment today. I feel a little nervous. Seems like every evaluation report brings more news that he's deficient in an area we hadn't considered. I would like him to get, at minimum, one/week ST, one/week OT and a special instructor to go to his afternoon daycare with him. We already pay for his 1/week private OT and his private psychologist, whom I consider the "team leader".

It's weird...some days I'll be humming along feeling all right, and then the truth of all this hits me again as if for the first time. I guess it's like any piece of bad news that changes your life forever-- relationship break-up, death. It's that experience of being able to forget about it for just a moment, then it all comes flooding back as if brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment